Friday 4 January 2008

Not so good

After an ok day yesterday, today didn't go so well. Opened up 6 tables and managed to grind out 3.5BI. Flopped a strait with AK and a flush with JQ etc... Things were going well.

A guy sits down at one of my tables where I am 200BB deep and starts open shoving every hand for 100BB, he gets stacked a couple of times but reloads. I am really card dead and so fold everything for about 15 minutes. Finally, I call his shove with AQs vs his 55.... no luck, get AK vs his 66.... no luck, and then I finally loose another stack with AK vs his AQ. It happens.

Meanwhile I get stacked on another table where I shove my top pair + flush draw over 2 opponents one of which flopped a set. No luck there and finally to top it all off I raise KQ pf, get called by the BB, flop AKQ, I c-bet he calls and then c/r the turn. We get it AI and he shows his slowplayed AA.

So, after all that, ended up a measly $5 down for the session, and I am not in a great mood. Feel I played ok poker, but just can't seem to get unstuck from 10NL. I feel I should be beating 50NL easily, but just can't seem to get there!

Off skiing for a week now so there will be no more posts for a while, but will be back in the full swing of things when I get back to uni.

2008
Hands Played: 2200
Bankroll: $480
Current Level: 10NL
Poker Mentality: Poor

No comments: