Monday 21 January 2008

Interesting Weekend

The weekend started with the usual 6 tabling 10NL on Prima for a couple of hours. Managed to run well and finally was well in the green for the year after about 3.5K hands of 10NL. I played 1200 hands on Saturday afternoon and again, managed to net a profit of about 2BI. Things it seemed were looking up.

Saturday evening is that time of the week when all the Durham poker minds congregate to play the weekly tournament. There is usually a £3 and a £10 freezeout which attract around 30 and 10 players respectively. The £10 resembles a sit and go too much and so I tend to play the £3 which always has the larger field and is more like an MTT. In the past I have had mixed success in the tourney with a 4th a 2nd and one 1st place over the past year. This week I ended up busting fairly early when I shoved my 7bb from the BTN with A5s and got called by the BB with TT, I think it was a fairly mediocre play, but the BB was a poor player who would fold a lot of hands which beat me here.

I then moved on to playing some 5p/10p cash, got delt TT 3 hands in a row and managed to loose my stack with the 3rd TT when I stupidly shoved over a raise on an AJ8 flop in a raised pot, only to be showed AQ. Not sure why I made this play, I think I should have just check-folded the flop but for some reason I was not thinking! So, about £15 down on the night, but its always great fun and very +ev in the long run. When the tourneys were finished, a few of us went for our weekly drink at the Swan to get our fix of poker chat and booze and the night went on from there.

Sunday was interesting. Was chatting to a 2p2er about setting up my Full Tilt account and he told me that the 100% bonus is taken out of your rakeback and so if you have RB, there is not much point going for the bonus. I therefore decided to setup my account on Full Tilt to get used to the software playing some 25NL before I get staked for 50NL. I deposited $300 and loaded up 4 tables of 25NL. Being my usual self, I became the manic 3-betting, check raising donkey that I always do when I move up a level and quickly pissed away 3BI. What tilted me the most about this was that this was completely my fault, I was making stupid plays and trying to pull of ridiculous bluffs simply because this was 25NL not 10NL. I decided to go for a quick walk to cool off (highly recommended for anti-tilt) and came back determined to play better, though the prospect of starting 3BI down was not appealing.

I played very well for the next 700ish hands, got lucky running AA into KK, but basically played my usual 10NL game, isolating the fish and avoiding the regs and most importantly, not getting fancy. I ran well and played well, the result being a healthy 5BI, ending my weekend 2BI up at 25NL. As soon as I realised that 25NL is just an extension of 10NL, I was on the right track.

I was aiming to play 2K hands this weekend and managed 3.3K, as well as a $70 profit so all in all a good couple of days. I will be sticking with 25NL on Full Tilt most of this week and then moving up to 50NL, so things should get interesting.

Graph for this weekend (2100 - 2600 was my first attempt at 25NL)

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

No comments: