Thursday 17 January 2008

Change of plan

A friend approached me a couple of days ago and offered to stake me to play 50NL. This came as quite a surprise as I have never been staked before, and have never played 50NL as my bankroll has not yet permitted it, however, he obviously has confidence in my play and hopefully we can both do very well out of the deal. For him it is a good investment, and it should allow me to make much more money than I do at the moment and help me build a decent sized bankroll.

The deal is that he will set me up with a bankroll for 50NL and will take 50% of everything I make. I will be setting up an account at Full Tilt shortly and be taking full advantage of the rakeback/bonuses, which I have not been able to do so far.

This should be serious landmark in my poker career, as I have been given the opportunity to play a higher stake than I would otherwise be able, therefore potentially make much more money than I am now.....basically, the money I hope to be making will be more than loose change and might actually allow me to get something decent out of playing poker (grinding the micro limits gets really frustrating sometimes). I have taken out a subscription at deucescracked and I hope the videos there might be able to soften my entry to the world of 50NL which, I have to say, is very daunting.

Played a short 40min session of 10NL tonight, not sure why I keep on playing it given I am overrolled for 20NL, but am really tired and felt like messing around on 5-6 tables. Managed to find some good fish and ended up 3BI even though I lost a stack with top 2 vs bottom set. I am just about breakeven since the start of the year which sucks a bit, but have only played 3K hands so nothing to worry about with such a small sample size.

1 comment:

GambleGamble said...

Hey man, Enjoying your blog. Just letting you know that there is people out there reading. Good luck with the stake. Keep Posting.