Thursday 3 January 2008

Not so bad

Played just under 2 hours today. For some curious reason I thought it would be a good idea to enter a $10 $1.5K guaranteed tourney. I have done pretty well playing live tourneys but have never had a good cash in an online tournament. I just don't think I have the patience. Started with 200 players, got down to the last 80 and then I 3-bet shoved KQ suited on the button vs a raiser and a caller. Turns out I was up against AA and AK, not a good idea.

Decided to play some cash. Loaded up 6 tables (with a 7th one on and off) and grinded for about an hour and a half. Pretty standard stuff, stacked someone with TPTK vs a flush draw, and then got another stack when my 3-bet with AQ gets called by A3 suited (WTF) and the flop is A3J... he is semi short so we get it AI on the flop and the river pairs the jack to give me a higher 2 pair. Not sure if this is really a suckout or not? Managed to get another half stack with a turned set vs top pair and things were looking up.

Currently up about 2BI and get dealt the wonderful AK, flop comes A35, my c-bet gets called. Turn is another A, and I am hoping he has an AT/AJ type hand. He calls my turn bet, river is a blank, I value bet half the pot, he raises AI, I call and he flips over A3 for the full house. Not too upset here, I can't see me getting away from this one, his range includes lots of Ax type hands.

Nothing else to report, the rest of the session went ok and I finished up a disappointing $7.50, but at least its in the green, and on top of that I grinded out about $7 of rakeback.

2008
Hands Played: 1560
Bankroll: $480
Current Level: 10NL
Poker Mentality: Average

No comments: