Monday 14 January 2008

Back to uni

Got back to uni yesterday. Had a great week skiing in Val, best week I have ever had. Snowed for 2 days, 3rd day was sunny and the best days skiing I have every had, and the last 2 days were also pretty good. Apres-ski as usual in Val was awesome and the whole week in general was great.

Now, on to poker.

Played for about 90 mins this afternoon. My current track record of the year did not change and I ended up missing all the flops, getting my c-bets minraised etc... Ended up tilting away about 1/2 a BI, and obviously managed to get stacked with AQ vs K3 on AKx3x board. Got AA 2 times and KK once, winning the blinds each time.

Also played a stars $4-180, and determined to get better at these as I really want to become a good tourney player as well as a cash game player. Busted out 88th when my QQ overpair ran into flopped 777. I think I overplayed it a bit, I have about 70BBs and he took a really strong line. Might have been able to get away with it, but ended up just shoving the turn.

In the last 1/2 hour things started looking up a bit. Shoved an OESFD on the flop vs 2 opponents, 1 folds, 1 calls and I manage to hit my flush on the river. Started playing well again and managed to crawl back to breakeven, just.

Looked at PT to find a net profit of $0.54. Disappointing but I think I played well. The tables were not great, and the deck was not in my favour.

Might play a bit more tonight... I am determined to put the hours in now I am back at uni and its very frustrating to be 3 BI down since the start of the year. My aim is to make 7BI and play 10K hands by Sunday night.

2008
Hands Played: 2950
Bankroll: $475
Current Level: 10NL
Poker Mentality: Improving

No comments: