Thursday 21 February 2008

Ups and Downs

Having been up about $400 playing 50NL, in the past 2000 hands I have dropped almost $300 taking my monthly total at 50NL over 9000 hands down to only $100. Add bonuses and RB to that and my balance is currently at around $300. At least its in the green.

My 6BI drop at 50NL has made me realise that my game is far from as good as it should be. I have had a few bad beats and coolers over the past few thousand hands, but I think that the downswing is mainly due to being outplayed by other 50NL regulars in small to medium size pots. In brief, I give up way too easily in pots and so get bluffed off a lot of my medium strength hands.

So, I have decided that for the rest of the week, I am not going to play any more 50NL, but instead spend time watching deuces cracked videos and reviewing my game. I am going to try to find spots to double barrel, and generally attempt to win more hands without a showdown. So as not to blow my entire months winnings, I am going to play a minimal amount of 25NL for the rest of the week to try to iron our some of my leaks.

Update to follow...

No comments: