Friday 8 February 2008

Hello 50NL

I have been running pretty well so far this week. Played 1.5K hands of 25NL on Tuesday and ended up $44 in the green. Wednesdays 25NL session brought some good luck with me getting it AI pf with KK vs AA and spiking a K on the flop for a $50 pot, as people always say in poker, the luck evens out in the end so I guess I had some luck on the way. Even so, I didn't find many good tables on Wednesday and so only finished $40 up making it $150 total for the month which is pretty good going for me.

Today my 50NL 'Stake' arrived and so I topped my FT account up to $500 with the intention of re-depositing if I go on a downswing. Apart from Monday when I played my 1 hand of 50NL by mistake, I have never sat at a 50NL table (not to mention 4) and so I was pretty nervous when I decided to start my first ever session of 50NL at about 6 this afternoon. I got very lucky again when I ran KK into AA and rivered a flush, and a couple of hands later got it AI with AA vs QQ PF for another $100 pot. I ran really well for the whole session but lost a lot of small pots by getting myself into tricky situations postflop, and after 400 hands I was up $72.

At about 11pm I started my 2nd 50NL session and soon ran KK into AA again, but this time the poker gods were not kind to me and $50 disappeared with the click of a mouse. I did not spew as much as my first session and I made sure only to play at good tables with at least 2+ fish, resulting in a solid grind finally finishing the session down only $34.

So the day ends with a $38 profit at 50NL as well as $20 in bonuses and a bit of RB... which comes to just over $50. I think my postflop game still needs a lot of work, but with good table selection and some confidence in my play, I think I will be able to eventually beat 50NL at Full Tilt.

Here is my biggest online pot to date:
Full Tilt Poker, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

SB: $54.05
BB: $93.60
UTG: $50
Hero (MP): $93.35
CO: $63.70
BTN: $45.55

Pre-Flop: A A dealt to Hero (MP)

UTG folds, Hero raises to $1.75, CO folds, BTN calls $1.75, SB raises to $5.50, BB folds, Hero raises to $17, BTN folds, SB raises to $49, Hero raises to $81, SB calls $5.05 and is All-In
Flop: ($110.35) 3 3 2 (2 Players - 1 is All-In)
Turn: ($110.35) 2 (2 Players - 1 is All-In)
River: ($110.35) T (2 Players - 1 is All-In)
Results: $110.35 Pot ($3 Rake)
SB showed Q Q (two pair, Queens and Threes) and LOST (-$54.05 NET)

Hero showed A A (two pair, Aces and Threes) and WON $107.35 (+$53.30 NET)

Am off to play in the UPL (University Poker League) 4 Nations Grand Final this weekend so online poker will have to wait until next week, but at least 50NL is off to a good start.

Next post will be a trip report from the UPL Grand Final, probably on Sunday.

Until then.... happy grinding.

No comments: