Sunday 3 February 2008

Moving On

Not been playing much poker recently due to work, so sorry if this blog has been lacking content over the past week, but since I have played very little poker, there is nothing interesting to write about.....

Having said that, this has been a fairly good week for poker. I played in the Facebook UPL freeroll on Monday night. There was about $500 in the prize pool and 180 players registered. I decided to give it a go and managed to get down to the last 16 players with an average chip stack, at which point there was a major power cut on my street for 2 hours and I blinded my was out in 8th place for $18! Its better than nothing but 1st paid $127 and I was pretty sure I had a good edge at the final 2 tables. (I can add this to my list of reasons why I prefer cash over tourneys)

Next stop was not until the week-end uni poker tournament on Saturday. I decided to play the £10 freezout this week, played fairly good poker apart from 1 hand where I 3-bet an UTG shortstacked raiser with KQo and called his AI... he showed AK. I played tighter than usual around the bubble, and I eventually got down to the last 3 with the chip lead. I played my usual aggressive 3-way style, but ended up having to fold to a 3-bet 3 hands in a row, crippling my stack. When it got down to heads up I had about 1/5 of my opponents stack and it only took 2 hands for him to knock me out with TJ vs 9T. I ended up with £30 for 2nd place.

I played some 25NL cash on Saturday night and ended up 2BI over 450 hands, helped along by rivering quads vs 2 pair and hitting a few sets.

Sorry for the short post, will write a more interesting update soon.

No comments: