Saturday 2 August 2008

HUSNGs

So.... over the past few months I have not had a lot of time to play poker..... and when I have had time to play I have been grinding the $10 HUSNGs on Full Tilt.

When I last posted I was going through a rather unpleasant downswing which left me about $400 down.... and since then I have been trying to rebuild at the HUSNGs.

I have (only) played 167 games, for a profit of $174 and an roi of 9%... obviously completely meaningless given the short sample and nothing compared to Paul's efforts as he seems to manage more SNGs in a day than I do in a month (credit to him... he is crushing the games and I am kinda hoping he might give me some tips....).

The reason I chose to play HUSNGs is because I find the game really interesting. There is a lot of scope to become creative and every opponent is really different so you have to adapt to each unique situation. The average player at these levels seems to be pretty poor and, although the variance is quite high, I think that the HUSNGs can be really profitable (again, see 147star's blog for proof!).

As far as I can see, if you can maintain a 10% ROI and average 10 games an hour, thats about 1BI per hour..... and even playing the $10HUSNGs, thats $10 an hour.... however, I only 1 table at the moment and so get through about 6-7 games per hour.

Time for me to get going.... but will be posting again soon

No comments: