Monday 17 March 2008

Plodding along

Sorry about the lack of posts recently, I have been very busy with work, and when I have not been working I have been playing.

March has been 'interesting' since my last post on the 6th. In the last 11 days I have played a whopping 11250 hands of poker, generated $453.97 of rake and all I have to show for it is a loss of $13.93. Add rakeback to that however and it looks more like $100 so I guess its not 'too' bad.

In my defence I have been running very very badly, I have been dealt AA 54 times for a loss of $92.03 with a measly 40% won at showdown and at one point I was down $280 just with AA.

Although I have been running bad, I think that my play is still improving, I am becoming more and more confident at 50NL and I think that I am almost at the point where I feel comfortable that I can beat the game, although I still have some major leaks which need to be fixed.

I am doing the iron man challenge on Full Tilt this month, will not be able to make iron, but am on track for silver and should be able to make gold. I don't think that the iron man promotion is very good value, but I would like to prove to myself that I have enough stamina to do it.

Have also purchased Holdem Manager to replace Poker Tracker 2, I debated for quite a while before getting it because I had tested out the beta and had trouble getting used to the interface, but I bit the bullet and forked out $55 for the 'small stakes' version which will import hands up to 50NL (there is a $25 addon to purchase the 'full' version which will import higher stakes). I have now managed to get used to the layout and HUD and I love it. It is still being developed and so there are some bugs and a few features missing but there are regular updates and 'Roy' seems to be pretty good at fixing all the issues.

Here is my graph for the month, the green line is my poker winnings and the blue line is poker winnings + RB (i.e. net winnings), its been a pretty breakeven month so far, but hopefully I will start running better soon. There is a pretty sick downswing in the middle where I dropped about 6BI at 50NL and then a long breakeven stretch where I decided to play 25NL for a bit. The final 5000 hands are 50NL again.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

QuickPost Quickpost this image to Myspace, Digg, Facebook, and others!


And just thought I would share a screenshot from today where I tured quad kings, doesn't happen everyday. (Admire the table mod :))

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

QuickPost Quickpost this image to Myspace, Digg, Facebook, and others!

Term has now finished and am going home tomorrow, getting the train down to London and am going to see if I can grind out 3 hours of poker on the train if they have wireless... should be interesting.

1 comment:

Damon Yu said...

HEY!!! what the heck, i didnt even kno u had a blog. anyways, wudabum from 2p2. glad to hear youre doing well in poker. anyways, i made a huge withdrawal and i ended up grinding 2NL at pokerstars w/ 50 dollars. I'm at 10NL now and working my way back up. lets talk hands on aim!